Poesie - Poetry: Francesco Petrarca - Glorïosa columna in cui s'appoggia - Glorious pillar in whom rests - Lassare il velo o per sole o per ombra - I have not seen you - Links

Posted by Ricardo Marcenaro | Posted in | Posted on 15:00







Glorïosa columna in cui s'appoggia
nostra speranza e 'l gran nome latino,
ch'ancor non torse del vero camino
l'ira di Giove per ventosa pioggia,

qui non palazzi, non theatro o loggia,
ma 'n lor vece un abete, un faggio, un pino
tra l'erba verde e 'l bel monte vicino,
onde si scende poetando et poggia,

levan di terra al ciel nostr'intellecto;
e 'l rosigniuol che dolcemente all'ombra
tutte le notti si lamenta et piagne,

d'amorosi penseri il cor ne 'ngombra:
ma tanto bel sol tronchi, et fai imperfecto,
tu che da noi, signor mio, ti scompagne.


Glorious pillar in whom rests
our hope and the great Latin name,
that Jupiter's anger through wind and rain
still does not twist from the true way,

who raise our intellect from earth to heaven,
not in a palace, a theatre, or arcade,
but instead in fir, beech or pine,
on the green grass and the lovely nearby mountain,

from which poetry descends and rests;
and the nightingale that laments and weeps
all night long, sweetly, in the shadows,

fills the heart with thoughts of love:
but you by departing from us my lord,
only cut off such beauty, and make it imperfect.


Lassare il velo o per sole o per ombra,
donna, non vi vid'io
poi che in me conosceste il gran desio
ch'ogni altra voglia d'entr'al cor mi sgombra.

Mentr'io portava i be' pensier' celati,
ch'ànno la mente desïando morta,
vidivi di pietate ornare il volto;
ma poi ch'Amor di me vi fece accorta,

fuor i biondi capelli allor velati,
et l'amoroso sguardo in sé raccolto.
Quel ch'i' piú desiava in voi m'è tolto:

sí mi governa il velo
che per mia morte, et al caldo et al gielo,
de' be' vostr'occhi il dolce lume adombra.



I have not seen you, lady,
leave off your veil in sun or shadow,
since you knew that great desire in myself
that all other wishes in the heart desert me.

While I held the lovely thoughts concealed,
that make the mind desire death,
I saw your face adorned with pity:
but when Love made you wary of me,

then blonde hair was veiled,
and loving glances gathered to themselves.
That which I most desired in you is taken from me:

the veil so governs me
that to my death, and by heat and cold,
the sweet light of your lovely eyes is shadowed.





Links





Poesie - Poetry: Francesco Petrarca - Glorïosa columna in cui s'appoggia - Glorious pillar in whom rests - Lassare il velo o per sole o per ombra - I have not seen you - Links


Ricardo M Marcenaro - Facebook
 
Blogs of The Solitary Dog:

solitary dog sculptor:
http://byricardomarcenaro.blogspot.com
Solitary Dog Sculptor I:
http://byricardomarcenaroi.blogspot.com

Para:
comunicarse conmigo,
enviar materiales para publicar,
propuestas:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com
For:
contact me,
submit materials for publication,
proposals:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com

My blogs are an open house to all cultures, religions and countries. Be a follower if you like it, with this action you are building a new culture of tolerance, open mind and heart for peace, love and human respect.

Thanks :)

Mis blogs son una casa abierta a todas las culturas, religiones y países. Se un seguidor si quieres, con esta acción usted está construyendo una nueva cultura de la tolerancia, la mente y el corazón abiertos para la paz, el amor y el respeto humano.

Gracias :)


Comments (0)

Publicar un comentario