Poetry: Charles Bukowski - Eighteen cars full of men thinking of what could have been - Love - Audio - 2 Vids - Links poetry ChB in Eng-Esp-It

Posted by Ricardo Marcenaro | Posted in | Posted on 14:23






Charles Bukowski - Eighteen cars full of men thinking of what could have been

    Eighteen cars full of men thinking
    of what could have been
    driving in from the track
    I saw a woman in green
    all rump and breasts and dizziness running
    across the street
    she was sexy as a
    green and drunken antelope and
    when she got to the curbing she
    tripped and fell
    down and
    sat in the gutter and
    I sat there in my car
    looking at her and
    oddly
    I felt most impassive as if
    nothing had happened and
    I sat there looking at this
    green creature until
    a moving van  60 feet long came
    to a stop and
    helped the
    lady
    up
    a young man in white overalls
    flushed red and the girl was build
    all around all around and
    stupid with falling and stupid with life and
    swaying on the tower stilts of her
    heels
    she stood there rubbing her
    white knees and
    the young man kept talking to
    her
    he was big dumb blond pink and loely
    but then
    the woman asked him
    where the nearest bar was and
    he grinned and pointed down the street and
    gave it
    up
    he got back into the truck and
    60 feet full of
    furniture and blanket and stove
    pulled on down the street
    and the green antelope
    crossed the street
    toward the bar
    wobbling and shaking
    shaking and wobbling
    everything and
    we sat transfixed and
    watching
    until
    in the backed up traffic behind me
    a man of strength
    honked
    and I put the thing in drive
    slowing for the big dip
    by the market
    that could tear your car in
    half
    and they all followed me
    slowing for the dip
    too
    18 cars full of men thinking of
    what could have been
    about the one who
    got away and
    it was about sunset and
    heavy traffic and heavy
    life


    charles bukowski, from the days run away like black horses over the hills, black sparrow press, 1969.









Charles Bukowski - Love




Love, he said, gas
kiss me off
kiss my lips
kiss my hair
my fingers
my cock my balls
my eyes my brain
make me forget

He had a room on the 3rd floor,
rejected by a dozen women,
35 editors
and half a dozen hiring agencies.
Now I'm not saying he was any
good.

He turned on all the jets
without lighting them
[From: http://www.elyrics.net]
and went to bed.

Some hours later, a guy on his
way to room 309
lit a cigar in the
hall.

And a sofa flew out the window.
One wall shivered down like wet sand.
A purple flame waved 40 feet high in the air.

The guy in bed
didn't know or care,
but I'd have to say
he was pretty good
that day.







In English

En Español


In Italiano

Cartas     






 


Poetry: Charles Bukowski - Eighteen cars full of men thinking of what could have been - Love - Audio - 2 Vids - Links poetry ChB in Eng-Esp-It



Ricardo M Marcenaro - Facebook
Blogs in operation of The Solitary Dog:

Solitary Dog Sculptor:

 byricardomarcenaro.blogspot.com
Solitary Dog Sculptor I:
 
byricardomarcenaroi.blogspot.com/

Para:
comunicarse conmigo
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com

For:
contact me
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com

My blogs are an open house to all cultures, religions and countries. Be a follower if you like it, with this action you are building a new culture of tolerance, open mind and heart for peace, love and human respect. Thanks :)


Mis blogs son una casa abierta a todas las culturas, religiones y países. Se un seguidor si quieres, con esta acción usted está construyendo una nueva cultura de la tolerancia, la mente y el corazón abiertos para la paz, el amor y el respeto humano. Gracias:)



(::)


Comments (0)

Publicar un comentario