Music: John Cale - Leaving it up to you real - Lyrics

Posted by Ricardo Marcenaro | Posted in | Posted on 4:50













Leaving it up to you

Looking for a friend, looking everywhere
Walked along the boulevard, the boulevard of friends
All those mild mannered friends I've got
They're careless and they fall down
All over the place, all over town
I don't want them talking to me

'Cause I'm leaving it, leaving it, leaving it up to you
Have to leave it, leave it, leave it up to you

All the buildings are breaking down
Like the whispering in your heart
And it's sordid how life goes on
When I could take you apart
And if you give me half a chance
I'd do it now, I'd do it now, right now, you fascist
I know we could all feel safe like Sharon Tate
We could give it all up, we could give, give, give it all up
And the newspapers, oh the newspapers
They'd be listening, listening to me giving it to you
And the radio, what about the radios?
They'd be listening to me giving it to you

Right mama, damn right mama

I hear hissing, I hear hissing in the distance
I hear the tanks crawling
They're crawling over the hill, they're crawling over the hill
Like rattlesnakes in the desert sun
They're blistering up my spell, they're blistering it up
They're breaking it up, they're breaking up my spell
And what else is there, what else have I got?
What else have I got but that spell?

Ah, leaving it, leaving it, I'm leaving it up to you
Leaving it, leaving it, leaving it up to you
Leaving it, leaving it, leaving it in the cloakroom for you

I've got to give it up, I've got to give it up, give it up
Up, up, give it up

I can't take it
About this song


Island Records replaced the track Leaving It Up to You with Coral Moon on the Helen Of Troy album, because it mentioned Sharon Tate, wife of film director Roman Polanksi, who was killed in 1969 by the Charles Manson gang. Things turned sour, and Cale and Island did go their separate ways. The cd version contains both tracks.






Ricardo M Marcenaro - Facebook


Operative blogs of The Solitary Dog:


solitary dog sculptor:
http://byricardomarcenaro.blogspot.com


Solitary Dog Sculptor I:
http://byricardomarcenaroi.blogspot.com


Para:
comunicarse conmigo,
enviar materiales para publicar,
propuestas:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com


For:
contact me,
submit materials for publication,
proposals:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com


Diario La Nación
Argentina
Cuenta Comentarista en el Foro:
Capiscum


My blogs are an open house to all cultures, religions and countries. Be a follower if you like it, with this action you are building a new culture of tolerance, open mind and heart for peace, love and human respect.


Thanks :)


Mis blogs son una casa abierta a todas las culturas, religiones y países. Se un seguidor si quieres, con esta acción usted está construyendo una nueva cultura de la tolerancia, la mente y el corazón abiertos para la paz, el amor y el respeto humano.


Gracias :)



Comments (0)

Publicar un comentario