Music: Liam Clancy - The Parting Glass - Streets of London - Lyrics

Posted by Ricardo Marcenaro | Posted in | Posted on 5:14




Liam Clancy - The Parting Glass

Clancy Brothers
Parting Glass


Of all the money that e'er I spent
I've spent it in good company
And all the harm that ever I did
Alas it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all
If I had money enough to spend
And leisure to sit awhile
There is a fair maid in the town
That sorely has my heart beguiled
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips
I own she has my heart enthralled
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all
Oh, all the comrades that e'er I had
They're sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They'd wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and softly call
Good night and joy be with you all

Streets of London - Liam Clancy

Recorded by the Liam Clancy on "Farewell To Tarwathie/The Dutchman"
Words & Music by Ralph McTell
Suggested Key=C

1                               5                      6m                 3m    
Have you seen the old man in the closed down market,
4                       1                         2              5  
Kicking up the papers with his worn out shoes?
1                        5                      6m                       3m       
In his eyes you see no pride.  Hanging loosely by his side,
              4                  1                    5                  1   
They're yesterday's paper telling yesterday's news.

Have you seen the old girl who walks the streets of London?
Dirt in her hair and her clothes in rags.
She's no time for talking, she just keeps right on walking,
Carrying her home in two carrier bags.

       4                      1                        3m    6m          
So how can you tell me you're lonely,
         2                                                      5          
And say that for you the sun don't shine?
1                             5                         6m                                   3m
Let me take you by the hand & lead you through the streets of
London,
4                           1                        5                                          1           
I will show you something to make you change your mind


In the all night cafe at a quarter to eleven,
Same old man sitting there all alone.
Looking at the world over the rim of his tea cup,
Each tea lasts a hour, then he wanders home alone.

Have you seen the old man outside the seamen's mission?
Memory fading like the ribbons he wears.
In this lonesome city the rain cries a little pity,
For one more forgotten hero in a world that doesn't care.


Music: Liam Clancy - The Parting Glass - Streets of London - Lyrics



Comments (0)

Publicar un comentario